Safer driving for your loved ones!
NDDTSEA and LifeSaver join forces to prevent distracted driving in North Dakota, with the LifeSaver Mobile App.
Do you have a teen driver in your family? LifeSaver removes the dangers caused by texting and driving.
- LifeSaver runs in the background, automatically locks the phone when the vehicle starts moving and unlocks the phone when the vehicle comes to a stop.
- LifeSaver also provides for driver monitoring and rewards safe driving behavior with popular gift cards.
- LifeSaver prevents crashes—and a $100 fine for texting while driving in North Dakota. Drivers under 18 are barred from using all personal wireless communications, even hands-free.
Distracted driving prevention is part of driver education and traffic safety programs in North Dakota. LifeSaver is one step toward safer drivers who are focused on the road with their hands on the wheel.
Keeping loved ones safer has never been simpler.
The LifeSaver App on the phones of those you love ensures they’ll be safer on the road (and that you’ll rest easier while they’re away from home).
- Simple to set up
- Easy to use. Installs in seconds and does not interfere with normal smart phone functions.
- Safe and secure
- Allows Loved One to set guidelines and monitor behavior.
- Notifies when unlocked
- Sends text message notifications to Loved One if the Driver unlocks LifeSaver while driving.
- Rewards the right behavior
- Drivers can earn free rewards such as iTunes for safe driving behavior.
- Our patent-pending technology
- LifeSaver innovates with Smart GPS Consumption and Accelerometer-based driving detection.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is LifeSaver’s mission?
- Our mission is to end the epidemic of Distracted Driving and related fatalities and injuries. We want Drivers to make a behavioral change and stop using cell phones while driving.
- How does LifeSaver work?
- LifeSaver uses GPS and other technologies to lock the driver’s smartphone while the car is in motion. Through smart battery saving technologies, LifeSaver is always running in the phone’s background and transparent to the Driver when not driving.
- Why is LifeSaver better than other Distracted Driving Solutions?
- Drivers need help to break their Distracted Driving habit, and using LifeSaver, the Driver’s Loved One (typically a parent or spouse) finally has the tools to help make this happen. Once installed, the Loved One can easily monitor the Driver for Distracted Driving, and reward the Driver for safe driving. As a result, the Driver experiences effortless change as the app locks/unlocks automatically when driving. The LifeSaver solution strives for great working products that are also widely available and free to use. We don't believe in barriers like undue cost or extra hardware required to solve the problem. Free is better. Let's solve the problem.
- Is LifeSaver available for iPhone?
- Yes our initial Beta on iPhone is now available in iTunes! Unlike Android providing hard lock of the iPhone while driving is not yet approved for Apple. Instead our initial iPhone solution can present crowd sourced music automatically when you drive taking your mind off of texts, emails, social media, and other bad mobile habits. Opting into safe driving gives you the reward of Music and going forward much much more!
- LifeSaver uses GPS. Does that drain the battery?
- LifeSaver is designed for the efficient use of GPS to conserve the phone’s battery. GPS needs to be left on at all times, but don’t worry, LifeSaver only uses GPS as needed. A typical phone needs to be charged only once per day.
- What is the LifeSaver Challenge?
- Challenge your Driver to go without unlocking the app more than once a day, then once a week, and so on. You will find that LifeSaver is very effective at teaching Drivers a new behavior -focusing on the road and not on your phone - which then becomes second nature.
- What are LifeSaver Rewards?
- LifeSaver recognizes Teen Drivers may need an additional ‘nudge’ to encourage safe driving. LifeSaver implements an innovative rewards system allowing the Driver to earn real free stuff such as iTunes e-cards at the end of each month, with no charge to the parent. With LifeSaver on iOS we also introduce the Rewards of optionally playing Music 'automatically' when the drive begins and pauses when the drive ends occupying the phone and discouraging other uses. Too many Music is an acceptable distraction in the car. LifeSaver Music can 'reward' with music every time you drive without having to touch your phone.
- Are any apps excluded from being locked by LifeSaver?
- LifeSaver allows the Driver to receive hands-free inbound calls and to see Maps/Navigation while driving. All other apps are disallowed by LifeSaver while driving unless you are a passenger.
- Can LifeSaver be unlocked in Emergencies?
- Through the app settings, the Loved One can enable the Driver to have an ‘Emergency Unlock’ (Android) and 'Emergency Call' (iOS) features. If the Driver uses these Emergency features while driving, the unlock is logged and text notification is sent to the Loved One.
- What if the Driver wants to use his/her LifeSaver-protected phone as a Passenger?
- If the driver is a passenger they may use the ‘Passenger Unlock’ feature. In this case the phone remains unlocked for the duration of the trip, the unlock is logged, and a text notification is sent to the Loved One monitoring the use or abuse of this feature. Our studies show teens will rarely abuse this feature as parents are very aware of when the teen is driving and when they are not. If the feature is abused the parent can remove the capability to do passenger unlocks.
- How fast does LifeSaver lock and unlock?
- The phone will be locked when driving as quickly as 3-4 seconds. When you stop driving, LifeSaver can unlock just as quickly, or it can be configured to unlock up to 60 seconds after driving to discourage phone access at stoplights. With LifeSaver Music (iPhone) in addition to unlocking the devices there is a pause feature to determine how quickly to stop playing the music after the drive stops.
- Can LifeSaver be disabled by the Driver? What if they turn off GPS?
- If the Driver disables GPS, LifeSaver will send the Loved One a notification that this has occurred. This is another example of the ‘monitoring’ aspects of LifeSaver.
- Do I need a data plan for LifeSaver to work?
- The app requires GPS to work properly on your device and location. In most cases the Driver must have a data plan for LifeSaver to work. You should plan on upgrading for a data plan prior to running LifeSaver.
- Where is the Driver Portal for LifeSaver?
- Our Driver Portal is arriving soon. It will provide a very simple method for you to better understand your loved one's distracted driving behavior and to provide rewards to help them break the habit.